Monday, April 20, 2020

I Live With You

While reading "I Live With You", a number of reactions I experienced depended on how far along I was in the story. In the beginning, I thought the idea was intriguing, a being that grasped onto a person they related to and decided to latch onto and live with. The being never seemed evil, at least in my eyes, as they only lived with this person and never stole. As the story progressed, you started to find out this being was actually helping the person they latched onto, making them stand out more and become more outspoken. I felt a sense of relatability to this due to once hiding in a shell myself until rather recently, when I was able to finally have the courage to be more outgoing and social. In my opinion, I don't think any changes would be necessary, though it would be interesting to see it come alive as either a graphic novel or movie. I feel there could be a very creative way to portray what the being looks like in a graphic novel, and in a movie, it might not have to appear on screen and just leave it up to the viewers imagination. The being is described as looking exactly like the person they latch onto, but I found that it could either shape shift, or be different looking depending on who saw them.

1 comment:

  1. Oooohh I agree with it being a movie! Imagine the entire movie only in the doppelgangers POV and we never actually see what they look like, we just see how they perceive Nora's life. That would be a lot more interesting that Jordan Peele's 'Us' in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete