Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The Distance of the Moon

This particular piece has probably been one of my favorites throughout the entire semester. The first reason being, I related to the story because I also, very much admire the moon. For some odd reason, it has always been a comfort to see it in the sky and I get very excited when there is a full moon. While still at Ringling, my shift at work ended at night, and I would almost always see the moon follow me on my walk home, providing and unexplainable comfort to me. Sometimes I could even see the moon from my dorm window and would fall asleep looking at it. But this piece isn't about my love for the moon, but one of the characters in the story. I think the different love stories going on throughout this work was what stuck out to me the most. They were all doomed from the start, as each person was in love with someone (or something) else. They each pined after their love until the very end and it caused each of them to grow distant until they realized too late what was causing them to grow distant. It's a good lesson to keep throughout life, if you love something, you need to let it go. If they don't return, this is your answer, and time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment